Head Chef - Maidstone
Head Chef – Maidstone
Up to £40,000
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Head Chef to join our catering team at this prestigious contract based in the heart of Kent.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the General Manager and Executive Chef.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- The Head Chef will plan and organise the preparation and cooking of food for functions and events ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Support the existing team in food production covering both the retail operation and the conference and events operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality in Retail operations
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to provide costs to facilitate budgetary control for the entire food operation
- Creating seasonal menus (C&E, Retail and fine dining restaurant)
- Upholding and enhancing company procedures in culinary excellence
- Exceptional leadership and man management skills to drive a chef brigade of around 16, with 3 Senior Sous Chefs
- Management of several satellite and production kitchens across a large site and historical buildings
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for different environments in large numbers (C&E, Retail and fine dining restaurant)
- Have a ‘big personality’ .Great people skills and be able to develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a enthusiasm and passion for delivering culinary excellence
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
About the company
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.