6 days left
- Part Time
Are you currently looking for a new opportunity? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have a jaw-dropping and exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Supervisor to manage the work of our front line staff within Housekeeping, Domestic cleaning department and to ensure all areas are kept and presented to our highest standards.
The core working hours are 07:30 - 15:30 Monday to Friday
Responsible for the cleaning standards across the hospital, this role will involve direct supervision of housekeepers and domestic assistants and liaising daily with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas with responsibilities including:
- To directly supervise the Domestic/Housekeeping team.
- Ensure cleaning standards are consistently met and maintained in accordance with our contract and current legislative requirements.
- Support the Housekeeping Manager with changing business demands.
- Produce reports on cleaning standards for relevant areas and report back.
- Take part in the scheduled audit of areas.
- Maintain staff rota’s and ensure all areas are effectively covered.
- Carry out the return to work interviews for staff that have been absent in line with company policies
- Hold performance reviews with new starters and existing staff
- Undertake and record any training that is completed on all staff’s individual training cards
- Support front line team with any training or day to day issues that may arise.
- Liaise with Ward staff, Doctors and nurses in a professional manner.
- Previous Supervisory experience and a passion for progression.
- Able to manage and get the best out of a team by demonstrating a can-do attitude.
- Proficient in maintaining the highest possible level of cleanliness and promoting this standard to your teams.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to observe all contractual and legislative obligations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check costs, are met by the employer.
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.