Stock Controller Part Time
To give great customer service by ensuring that you role model the 4 M&S Service Behaviours and make the customer the priority at all times.
·To role model the right behaviour and skills, to your colleagues, at all times.
·To coordinate section operational activities through your line manager and ensuring accurate stock files are managed successfully through your daily/ weekly/ monthly tasks.
· Ensures availability is maximised by maintaining an accurate stock file.
· Ensures minimal waste cost by maintaining an accurate stock file and waste recorded accurately.
· Ensures the food diagnostic is completed and reviewed on a daily and weekly basis.
· Maximises the use of CSSM accuracy tools i.e. gap scanning and stock alerts.
· Utilises CSSM reports & monitors all CSSM activity daily and ensures accuracy is maintained.
· Reviews gap scanning performance and conducts the appropriate gap counts.
· Reviews Gaps in stock to improve on shelf availability. Providing data to complete fixing list or reduce stock holding requests.
· Ensures Stock Action News, Link messages, red alerts and product restrictions are actioned and completed.
· Follows the A&A working week framework, ensuring all areas are covered across the store to mitigate risks.
·Books in and RTM newspapers and magazines daily.
· Supports the management team and colleagues in organising an accurate stock take and other Major counts inc, Hospitality and Fresh counter areas.
· Reviews necessary Operational Key performance Indicators on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis with the management team.
· Ensures food equipment is well maintained i.e. HHT battery, ticket printers etc.
·Keeps up to date in changes in Food stock management policies and procedures on My store workspace.
· Ensure that the sales/floor team are delivering great customer service by completing the service observations and giving priority on the staffing boards to the customer service required on the department.
·Make sure that the required standards of attitude and shop-keeping standards are met by the completion of the daily staffing board giving time and accountability to achieve the required checks. E.g. RTT. GM rumble, reprocessing etc
·Respond and deal with questions, concerns and complaints from customers, offering the best resolution to the situation.
·Support your section manager to control and manage the sales floor staffing models, holiday planning and booking, assisting the section manager to deliver the right people, in the right place, at the right time.
·Develop a clear understanding and actively contribute to the till management strategy for your department, improving results, delivering till checks and supporting the section manager with bag and locker checks.
·Implement layouts accurately. Action guidelines. Maintain pricing and ticketing standards and assist with the compilation of the weekly compliance.
·Balance the needs of the section that you are coordinating with the needs of the whole store.
·Respond to mail, questions and feedback from Store or HO management.
·Support the section manager to deliver the Working Week Framework.
As an A&A you may be required to work on another section and not just your base section.
·As an A&A you will deliver a fully operational role with department accountability. This will include all areas of the sales floor operation. There will be a requirement to cover days off and holidays for the section manager.
· You would still be required to perform a customer assistant role where necessary. E.g. going on tills at peak times
·You will be assessed by your Section Manager in your role as an A&A to ensure the required standards are consistently met.
·You will not be required to perform any Line Management functions as an A&A, but you will be required to give instruction & coordinate Customer Assistant activities
About the company
Healthcare Retail, part of Medirest, is passionate about delivering excellent products, standards and customer service to patients, staff and visitors in over 50 NHS hospitals around the UK through convenience and catering retail formats. The portfolio comprises many high street brand franchises including Costa Coffee and M&S Simply Food as well as a selection of in-house brands.