Performance Sous Chef - Wolverhampton
Performance Sous Chef - Wolverhampton
Up to £35,000
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to work with the Head Chef and the nutritionist for all food production across the training ground covering first team, U23s and staff. You will assist in the development of innovative, performance driven menus in order to fuel training sessions, aid optimal recovery and promote adaptation. All whilst maintaining a key focus on HSE and food safety.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- Work in collaboration with the head of performance nutrition and Head Chef to assist with planning innovative and performance focussed menus for First Team and U23s.
- Assist the Head Chef to create innovative recipes to meet specific sport nutrition requirements
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness and safety are always maintained throughout all areas of the kitchen.
- Assist the Head Chef to establish controls to minimise food and supply waste.
- Assist with the development of performance recipes in collaboration with the Head Chef and Head of Nutrition ensuring high quality and exercising portion control for all items served
- Assist the Head Chef to carry out food safety risk assessments, implement and review regularly the food safety management system and effective controls at identified critical points and throughout the food handling process. Work closely with the Health and Safety Manager.
- Assist the Head Chef to maintain and rotate appropriate stock levels with an aim to providing high standards.
- Assist the Head Chef to ensure that delivery notes are checked against requisitions and any identified discrepancies are reported to the supplier.
- Flexibility to travel to away fixtures and work with chefs at hotels to ensure food is cooked as specified on the menu and presented to highest standards
- Assist the Head Chef to provide and/or develop cooking training for first team and U23s squads.
- Be able to lead and manage the team's catering requirements in the absence of the Head Chef
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent personnel management skills
- The ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively and at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work flexibly
- Ability to prioritise between conflicting demands
- The ability to work the necessary hours, including evenings and weekends, as required to meet the requirements of the business
- Evidence of continual professional development and a desire to increase sport nutrition knowledge
- Experience of working in professional sport
- Experience of travelling away both domestically and internationally with teams
- Experience of working with hotel chefs for away fixtures to ensure catering delivered to the highest standards
About the company
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.