Strategic Sourcing Manager
Are you passionate about food, economics and the global supply chains that tie the two together?
Join the Foodbuy Strategic Sourcing team, where you will be able to realise all of your procurement ambitions and contribute to sourcing in a way that extends far beyond the realms of just turning a profit.
The purpose of the Strategic Sourcing manager role, is to be at the forefront of all sourcing strategies. You will oversee a number of smaller projects as well as independently owning larger procurement work streams.
With your experience in procurement, you will be central to developing and championing innovative ways to extract supplier value all the while cultivating industry leading policies and process for procurement.
A managers role is never just about one person, you will be central to your team’s motivation, development and progression whilst fostering fluid relationships with your colleagues and decision makers.
- Salary £45,000-£55,000 dependant on experience
- Bonus up to 20%
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Managing a number of food tenders, both through your team of buyers and independently (depending on category complexity). Ensuring projects you work on deliver against/surpass set targets though best practice
- Horizon scanning, reviewing upcoming projects, contract expirations, market movements to ensure sourcing team are on the front foot and always have their finger on the pulse
- Commodity and business risk management, document and demonstrate risk management strategies in line with your supply base and category development teams input
- Research and monitor commodity markets and macro trends
- Team management, development, coaching to ensure buyers are performing to their optimum ability
- Support the organisations wider sustainable sourcing challenges
- Mentoring commodity champions, contracting and compliance management.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Demonstration of strategic procurement, which extends beyond tactical tenders
- Effective negotiation, facilitation and conflict management skills
- Experience managing/mentoring a team of buyers and ability to improve performance across the team
- Strong work ethic and confident collegiality
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet challenging deadlines
- Proven ability to reduce cost against tough market backdrops
- 5+ years working in procurement, ideally within the food industry
- Excellent ability to lead through influence and build consensus
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of market economics, cost drivers, value chains etc. (ideally within the food industry)
- Broad knowledge of the principles of contract writing
- Team-orientated leadership dedicated to continuous improvement, maximising productivity and effectiveness in the organisation, and promoting best practices
About the company
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Foodbuy has embarked on an exciting journey – one that will see us double our purchasing power to £2bn by 2020. For you, it’s an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and make your mark. You’ll enjoy a clearly-defined career pathway, tailored learning and development, plus real opportunities to progress and grow
For further information about Foodbuy, please visit www.foodbuy.eu