Corporate Groups Consultant
Job Title: Corporate Groups Consultant
Accountable to: Team Leader – Corporate Groups
Line Manager: Operations Director - Meetings & Groups
To ensure that the Corporate Groups department delivers an innovative and efficient venue finding service for Group enquiries that exceeds client’s expectations every time. To ensure the team strives to ‘get it right the first time’ for the client and achieve the best commercial result for Inntel on every booking.
Ensure that the Groups department delivers a total venue finding service following standard operating procedures from the point of enquiry to date of arrival or travel.
Support the Team Leader in developing and actively contribute to a Best Practice for the Corporate Groups department.
To efficiently manage client projects and other ad-hoc requests.
Build individual client relationships that encourage client loyalty and repeat business.
Group Accommodation and Travel Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take new Group enquiries and process these according to Corporate Groups procedures
- To record a detailed brief in EZI (booking system).
- To source an agreed number of suitable venues, where possible include Inntel’s preferred partner hotels
- To source appropriate travel options that best match the clients journey requirements – Rail, flights, coaches, transfers and ferries
- To negotiate rates, added value and enhanced commission if appropriate
- Produce an accurate, informative and attractive proposal.
- Make a personal recommendation to the client on which hotel or travel supplier you feel is the most suitable for their enquiry and why.
- Follow up proposals with the client for a decision as appropriate.
- To undertake any administrative duties such as making individual bookings from group bookings and sending correspondence to the end guest
- To liaise with the Team Leader and provide progress reports on all work in hand, seeking advice where necessary.
- Ascertain from new clients where they heard of Inntel and where possible pass any leads to Business Development to enhance business.
- To follow Corporate Groups standard operating procedures and Best Practice
- To seek to identify opportunities for enhanced commission and any other enhancements to enable the company to enjoy increased revenue and liaise with Supplier Partnerships when necessary.
- To react proactively to brand new clients, ask the right questions regarding booking sizes, frequency etc. explaining the process for booking and the advantages of using Inntel.
- Through a continuous programme of educational visits and a general awareness of trade news (journals, presentations, and mailers), to be responsible for your personal development within the industry so that you can provide the breadth of knowledge required for the role.
- To participate in Familiarisation trips (as detailed in your offer letter of employment) and attendance of educational trips, client evenings and roadshows as deemed necessary by your line manager.
- Any other tasks which may be deemed necessary from time to time to further enhance the position of Corporate Group Consultant in particular or the Company in general.
- To accept and practice total quality commitment to the mutual benefit of the Company and its clients.
- To partake in the day to day incidentals required to maintain a pleasant work environment.
- To seek to identify any potential opportunities which would benefit the operation and or the administration of the Company and or its employees.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a genuine interest in achieving the best result for the customer
- Good venue knowledge – maintained by visiting venues for site visits, educationals and familiarisation trips
- Methodical approach to work with good project and time management skills
- Show good initiative/communication skills specifically telephone techniques - including ability to interpret customer requirements
- Commercial awareness
- Confident/friendly personality which is portrayed on the telephone and face to face when meeting clients.
- Industry working knowledge and experience preferred – eg. agency background and/or venue conference office/reservations/venue reception experience
Quality / Environment Policy Statement
Inntel will provide a quality service and demonstrate a commitment to continual improvement to our clients and to the environment. We will ensure a timely response, competitive pricing and a consistently high quality service by maintaining the requirements of the ISO 9001 Quality System and the ISO 14001 Environmental Management system.
Apply for Corporate Groups Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly