Pupil and Parent Engagement Manager
Chartwells is the leading foodservice provider to over 2500 primary and secondary schools throughout the UK. As part of Compass Group, the largest foodservice organisation in the world, Chartwells prides itself on providing great food and great service to our discerning young customers.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract suitable for a student placement year!
The candidate will report into the Regional Participation Manager. The purpose of this role is to increase pupil, parent and school engagement and ultimately, meal uptake. Candidates must be able to take the pre-existing tools that have been designed to help them do the job, take the concept and deliver to completion. Completion is to see at least a 5% increase in uptake across all nominated schools. The role not only focuses on children in reception, year one and year two who are entitled to free school meals, but also to children and families on paid meals. The candidate must be resilient, driven and independent but a good team player. Candidate must be creative, organised, persuasive, diplomatic and friendly with great communication skills in order to deliver results. Financials and volumes will be reported weekly.
- To meet and engage with parents to highlight the benefits of school meals versus packed lunches.
- To take responsibility for meeting with key stakeholders, engaging them and working in partnership.
- To liaise and work with school kitchens to develop staff skill set to support schools.
- To deliver results by increasing meal numbers within the schools.
- To report these figures and volume increases weekly to a tight deadline.
- To deliver pupil education sessions on food, nutrition and sustainability.
- To meet with parents in school playgrounds and at parent’s evenings to promote school meals.
- To take responsibility for marketing our school meal offer and contributing towards Chartwells social media channels.
- To occasionally assist with any catering functions that enhance client and parent relationships (this could include evening work but is likely to be infrequent).
- Build and maintain positive client relationships, ensuring clients experience and value the additional support Chartwells can deliver to their school.
- To make every customer’s experience an enjoyable one and to use ‘selling-up’ skills at every opportunity.
- Ensure compliance across the business to Food Information Regulations and support the Nutrition Team in ensuring the schools are compliant to government school meal legislation.
- Support the Nutrition and Marketing Team with the creation of new relevant resources that link our school meals to the curriculum.
- Train catering teams on food service standards, education programmes, catering for allergens and more.
- To promote the company at every possible opportunity.
- To comply with any reasonable requests made by the Manager or the Company.
- To ensure that any local agreements are honoured.
- To maintain Chartwells’ standards of personal and kitchen hygiene, health and food safety and to operate to the standard required by the Statutory Health and Safety and Hygiene Regulations.
- Can Do - Finds new/quicker ways of meeting goals, shows conviction in own judgement and decisions and responds quickly under pressure
- Share Success – Delegates tasks to develop others and ensure the most efficient methods of working
- Passion for Quality – Takes personal responsibility for correcting customer service problems, consistently sets demanding performance expectations and sets priorities to maximise benefits
- Win through Teamwork – Pursues friendly relationships with colleagues, shares own knowledge and insight and displays a high level of energy and commitment to the organisation
- Embrace Diversity – Listens to others and values their contributions, receptive to new and builds on ideas and acts in ethical and socially responsible manner.
- Takes Responsibility – Uses the right influencing techniques to gain the necessary commitment and support from others, both internally and externally