Sous Chef - Stonehouse Barracks
Are you a chef looking for a quality work life balance creating great food whilst joining a successful FTSE 100 organisation, who are recognised as market leaders within their sectors?
We are looking for a talented and passionate Chef to come onboard and join the team at – Stonehouse Barracks, Plymouth.
As a Chef you can expect to receive: -
- Great training opportunities
- Experience of working on large events and competitions
- Great work life balance through great shift patterns and ability to easily take holiday during Easter, Summer and Christmas when we become quieter on our sites
- Excellent benefits
- Career progression opportunities
Predominately Monday to Friday with 1 Weekend in every 3
Occasional late finish and flexibility required.
As a talented Chef, you will support the daily catering operation to improve the customer food service experience by delivering a best in class food offer, to military and civilian personnel but also have the chance to demonstrate your creative side with providing great food for banquets and functions.
What we would be looking for in applications:
• A good communicator, able to liaise confidently with customers and engage, motivate and develop team members
• An enthusiastic individual with a passion for food and excellent service delivery
• City and Guilds 706/1,2 or NVQ level 2 or equivalent
• Basic Food Hygiene/level 2
About the company
We are ESS – part of the Compass Group family (UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider) – market leaders in the provision of catering, retail, leisure and support services in the Defence & Offshore sector. This allows us to work in some of the most historic and iconic locations across the British Isles.