Head of Sourcing
Are you passionate about sourcing within procurement? The Foodbuy sourcing team is leading the way in world class Sourcing strategy and is now looking for a Head of Strategic Sourcing for Services, Equipment and Supplies (SES)
To maximise the effectiveness of our procurement teams we have separated Category Development from Strategic Sourcing. Whilst Category work to build strong supplier relationships and optimise in term contracts the Strategic Sourcing team manage all market exercises and tenders, from researching the market, building and executing sourcing strategies through to contracting and implementation planning. As project based sourcing consultants your influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills will be used on a day to day basis.
The purpose of the Head of Sourcing (SES) is to be at the forefront of all sourcing strategies and sourcing related decision making. You will manage a first class team of 3 to optimise a wide range of strategic sourcing projects using the Foodbuy procurement framework to support you.
You will be operating in a fast paced environment, across a multitude of indirect categories. The insight you bring will be integral and paramount to ensure effective management of the team to ensure projects aims and objectives are exceeded. These include both financial targets, service excellence and softer sourcing scorecard metrics.
Up to £75,000 based on experience
Monday to Friday
Bonus up to 30%
25 days holidays
Company pension scheme
- Working with the Category Development team in SES to identify new project opportunities, update on key projects, build ongoing activity calendar and ensure effective day to day relationship.
- Mentor team to ensure strategic direction of sourcing projects geared towards maximising opportunities and leveraging volume.
- Running sourcing projects from handover of data and business needs, through to strategy and execution before transitioning project back to Category after contracting and agreeing implementation plan
- Presenting Projects to internal and external teams, selling the opportunity of involvement in projects and ensuring effective engagement plans
- Day to day project management
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Bachelors degree
- Experience of operating in FTSE environment desirable
- Experience in procuring Services, Equipment and Suppliers desirable
- CIPS desirable
- High personal credibility and ethics
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of procurement and sourcing best practice
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and conflict management skills
- Self-starter with strong business acumen and the ability to link business goals and market trends to make sound procurement decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to lead through influence and build consensus
- Broad knowledge and experience of the principles of contract writing
- Team-orientated leadership dedicated to continuous improvement, maximising productivity and effectiveness in the organisation, and promoting best practices
- Proven ability to develop direct reports, nurture their commercial acumen, stakeholder management and empower the wider team
- Effective project management skills