Fine Dining Plate Waiter
To provide a first class, five-star experience to the Members, and their guests, of the All England Lawn Tennis Club. Reporting to the Dining Room Management Team you will assist as required in the Dining Room, Club Room and Bar.
This is one of the world’s iconic sporting locations serving as a private Members Club during 50 weeks of the year and then, for two weeks, hosting The Championships – the world’s premier grass court tennis tournament.
The dining offer within the Clubhouse comprises of a formal dining room serving lunch seven days a week with supper served Monday to Thursday evenings; an all day, less formal offer, is available in the Club Room where morning pastries, snack lunches and afternoon tea are served. The Landing Bar is open for morning coffee and an all-day drinks service.
- To ensure that you provide the highest level of food and customer service at all times and in all areas of the Clubhouse
- To build a relationship with the Members them via first class communication and customer skills
- Be willing to take ownership, to have a ‘can do’ approach to work with the utmost attention to detail
- To maintain excellent working relationships with the team and to lead them via a ‘hands on’ approach to the job
- To deliver service in accordance with Health and Safety and Food Safety law and as required by Compass Group. To ensure that all records that you are responsible for relating to these areas are maintained, recorded and available for inspection
- To report any H&S matters that require attention
- To protect and safeguard all FMC monies, stock and property
- To assist in any other areas of the business, as required and to be available to work the entire length of the Championships in the Royal Room
- A good working knowledge of wines and the confidence to recommend and match wines to food
- Basic IT skills
- To have experience of previously working as part of a diverse team
- To be available to work as required in this seven day a week operation
- To be at ease when communicating with senior executives from a broad sector of industries
- To process a confident and out-going personality
- To be immaculately groomed and presented
- To have a flexible approach to work maintaining a calm and dignified manner at all times
- To be able to plan and prioritize daily requirements and any tasks given to you
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.