Assistant Conference & Events Manager
Due to an internal restructure we are now recruiting an Assistant C&E Manager to work onsite at one of our prestigious contract’s based in Cheltenham . As the Assistant C&E Manager you will be supporting the C&E Manager ensuring the operation is running smoothly.
You will assist your Manager in identifying, motivating, training, developing and direct the team members to deliver exceptional service and accomplish daily goals and targets that are set. Ensure that all team members are motivated, enthusiastic and feel supported and are able to accomplish any challenges that they face.
- Assistant Conference & Events Manager
- £23,000-£25,000 depending on experience
- Working 5 out of 7 days
As the Assistant C&E Manager you will focus on innovative hospitality and events in order to support operational excellence.
- Assisting the Manager in training and developing the team and management of the team in their absence.
- You will support in making sure all events run smoothly. There is a mixture of fine dining (up to 800 sit-down), retail outlets, pop up cafés and restaurants. Our C&E team offer tailored and bespoke packages to make sure we meet all our customers’ requirements.
- Our C&E and Retail teams main focus is to ensure all guest have an exceptional customer journey.
- We have Bars – cash bars and hospitality bars - they vary depending on the event, as we offer a bespoke service where we build the events to the clients’ requirements.
- We also have 1 day events for customers based locally. The local businesses book dinners with the racing and we also national companies and educational careers using our facilities to hold regular events.
- As a team onsite we work together to make sure all conferences and events run smoothly. Our Events Coordination team ensure they fully understand the customer requirements, our Operation Department build the event and then it passed on to Care and team to deliver. You will be supporting and ensuring all teams are fully aware of the requirements and we meet all deadlines as requested.
- Monitor and manage financial responsibilities, administration of bookwork, invoicing and payroll.
- Ensure all sector and Compass employee guidelines are implemented and adhered to.
- Create a culture of Food and Workplace Safety.
- Client management and holding regular update meetings.
- Treat all customers with professionalism, care and respect.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A mixture of experience in hospitality/restaurant/bar
- Three to five years management experience
- Working in a fast paced environment
- A strong back ground in catering an events management
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
- Eye for detail
- Excellent leadership skills
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Computer literate
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Wimbledon and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.