Catering Team Leader
Catering Team Leader
Looking for a new opportunity as a Catering Team Leader? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Catering Team Leader to support the Chef Manager to deliver a first-class catering operation; by delivering excellent customer care, leading and inspiring the team to continuously improve, and taking ownership of administrative tasks for the catering operation.
- £11 per hour. 32 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful Catering Team Leader will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure you are aware of, and comply, with all client and company health & safety procedures and standards at all times. This includes but is not limited to Allergens, Food Handling, COSHH, Uniform Standards, Personal Protective Equipment, Manual Handling, Fire Regulations and quality control
- Complete, maintain and update all Food Safety and Health & Safety paperwork correctly on a continual basis to ensure full compliance
- To ensure all displays, counters and hospitality comply with company and statutory health and hygiene requirements, including but not limited to Food Information Regulations and Reference Intake labelling
- To use the Company accounting system; includes the processing of invoices, payroll, stock and then the weekly processing of data
- Ensure pre and post service checklists, and cleaning schedules have been completed before and after all food services
- To ensure the highest level of customer care is always adhered to, for customers and colleagues
- Manage and drive the completion of all compulsory training with all team members
- Advocate the delivery of all company and unit profit protection procedures, reporting any issues to your line manager
- Conduct and monitor all stocktaking procedures ensuring minimal risk of waste
- To prepare, produce and serve food to the brand standard. This includes all services; breakfast through to supper
- Ensure that uniform and personal appearance standards are upheld to the highest standard
- Ensure company marketing material is up to date and relevant to company standards, including daily menus
- To deliver outstanding hospitality, working within the Schools processes and parameters
- A good communicator; able to liaise confidently with customers and engage, motivate and develop team members
- Self-motivated, with great organisational skills
- Consistent approach; from behaviour to service
- Ability to implement and follow systems and processes
- Previous supervisory experience
- IT literacy and competence
- Highly competent in the English language, both written and verbal
- Basic food hygiene/level 2
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements
If our Catering Team Leader position is right for you and you match our criteria of skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
About the company
Chartwells Independents, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high-quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and school staff.
Whether it be producing great food for pupils and staff or being involved in creating great hospitality events our teams have a passion for preparing food using fresh quality ingredients. Our belief is that it all starts with great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.