General Manager-Leeds Castle
I am looking for an experienced and passionate General Manager for the world’s loveliest castle. There is a varied food offering across the site with a high focus on customer experience. As the General Manager you will be extremely hand on, love fresh food and full of personality! You will have high volume experience with an outgoing and dedicated outlook.
- £52K-£55K depending on experience plus a performance related bonus
- 5 out of 7 days
- Free meals, access to a golf course and other amenities whilst at work
- We are offering a re-location package to anyone who is looking to relocate
- Fantastic opportunity within this beautiful site.
Your Main duties are to oversee day to day management, ensuring the smooth planning and delivery of a first class catering product to our clients and customers whilst managing the business needs and performance standards.
- To be the key liaison for all clients, to ensure we exceed and manage their expectations.
- Manage and execute new menus, tastings, specials and promotions to exceed guest expectations and ensure profitability.
- To manage the operational team to ensure that every sales opportunity is taken to 'up sell' to our customers depending on the profile of event.
- To record and deal with all customer comments in a positive manner and take appropriate follow up action, turning any negative customer experiences into positive ones.
- To ensure effective communication, motivation and involving individuals within the team.
- Set and ensure all targets for upselling are achieved.
- Liaise with Culinary Team and provide support for new menu feedback and development.
- Manages all aspects of labour scheduling, and addresses forecasting and actual labour spends. To ensure you have all staffing numbers for future events up to three months in advance.
- Work with and liaise with nominated suppliers to ensure we receive the best products and prices, to deliver and exceed client expectations within food and beverage.
- You demonstrate excellent control of all operating costs in line with set targets. bring new and innovative ideas keeping up to date with trends
- Overall management and accountability for forecasting/ budgeting and delivery
- Champion Health & Safety within department, ensuring that correct procedures are being kept
- Level 3 minimum food management safety
- Minimum 3 to 5 year experience in similar role and environment
- Passionate about the industry
- Strong personal management and development plans for your team.
- Hand on and creative
- Financially astute
- Entrepreneurial style of management
- Strong background in C&E, retail and restaurants as well as mobile pop up solutions
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.