Looking for a new opportunity as a maintenance engineer? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled maintenance engineer to join our highly motivated team.
- £17.22 per hour. 40 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the following;
- To ensure you are aware of and comply with all client and company health & safety procedures and standards at all times
- To ensure that any health & safety hazards, issues, near misses & accidents are reported to your Line Manager at the earliest opportunity
- To maintain a clean, safe & hygienic working environment at all times
- To provide the highest level of customer service by learning and demonstrating the ESS Way values and behaviours at all times to colleagues, customers & clients
- To actively participate in any team meetings & training as required by sharing your knowledge & experience with other team members
- To ensure all equipment provided is used, maintained & stored correctly and any defects are reported to your Line Manager
- To comply with any reasonable requests made by your Line Manager
- Carry out Planned Maintenance Routines on M&E equipment in accordance with Company routines ensuring cost effective supply and control of spares
- Record and maintain all actions within Planet FM
- Repair/replace defective electrical and HVAC items on site
- Oversee visiting sub-contractors within areas of responsibility
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage and other irregularities or contract deviations and take such corrective action as may be delegated
- Order such spares and equipment as is necessary to maintain equipment availability whilst remaining within budget unless specifically authorised by client
- Maintain good housekeeping safety and hygiene practices
- Upkeep and compliance with COSHH sheets.
- Upkeep and compliance with risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Undertake role (subject to training/appointment) within the Safe System of Work
- Ensure all maintenance records/log books are kept current and up to date
- Report all accidents, incidents, and injuries immediately
- Report any substandard equipment immediately.
- Trained and knowledgeable in site permit to work/ isolation/ hot work/ control of contractors/ building evacuation procedures and adherence to Life Saving Rules.
- Qualified approved electrician to current IEE Wiring Regulations.
- Trained and qualified to act as delegate site authorised person as detailed in site procedures.
If our Maintenance Engineer position is right for you and you match our criteria of skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
About the company
ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including: hotel, cleaning, waste management, security, event support and reception services
We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider.