Due to a new office opening we are now recruiting for an experienced Assistant Manager to work onsite at one of our prestigious contract’s based in Sheffield. As the Assistant Manager you will be supporting the General Manager ensuring the operation is running smoothly.
You will assist your Manager in identifying, motivating, training, developing and direct team members to deliver exceptional service and accomplish daily goals and targets that are set. Ensure that all teams are motivated, enthusiastic and feel supported and are able to accomplish any challenges that they face. This position also oversees the administrative and operational tasks, including financial management and analysis, sanitation and safety.
- £23K-£25K depending on experience
- Mon – Fri – 8 hours per day between 07:00 – 17:00 depending on business needs
- Lots of scope to train, develop and progress
The Assistant Manager will focus on innovative retail, hospitality and events in order to support operational excellence.
- Assisting the Manager in training and developing the team and management of the team in their absence.
- supporting the management and chef team in implementing plant-based menus.
- Day to day – managing orders, food and beverage for retail.
- Managing other departments – Vending and hospitality.
- Conduct all reviews, coaching sessions, and disciplinary actions in a professional and timely manner.
- Monitor and manage financial responsibilities, administration of bookwork, invoicing and payroll.
- Ensure all sector and Compass employee guidelines are implemented and adhered to.
- Create a culture of Food and Workplace Safety.
- Client management and holding regular update meetings.
- Treat all customers with professionalism, care and respect.
- Respond to all comments and complaints within 24 hours and follows up with a written or verbal response with copies to the Head of Operations and our partner.
- Meets all timelines for quarter and year-end reports
- Experience within contract catering and managing a team.
- You will have previous experience as an Assistant managing onsite with a turnover of £1 million and above.
- A proven ability to maximise budget, enhance user experience and creativity across all channels in alignment with business strategy
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Proven coaching and teaching skills with peers, individuals, and teams
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
- Eye for detail
- Excellent leadership skills
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Computer literate
About the company
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility. At Restaurant Associates our vision is simple Bringing people together with brilliant food, brilliant service and brilliant associates'. Our inspirational food is alive with flavour and nutrition, sourced in a socially responsible manner for the well-being of our customers, communities and the environment and we match this with the excellent service of our brilliant associates