We are currently looking to recruit a Supervisor to join our team at The British Home, the successful candidate will assist with the smooth running of the catering and cleaning operation, co-ordinate, train and work with the catering and domestic team to provide a high quality service to exceed expectations of our clients
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our Domestics and Catering team at The British Home in London.
Please note this position is based on a 5 out of 7 contract including alternate weekends and bank holidays.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance
- Ensure all duties are carried out in line with Medirest standards
- Support the Unit Manager in supervising and development of the team
- Ensure the delivery of high standards of food quality and service
- Ensure all cleaning schedule KPI’s are signed on completion
- Assist in the control of all stock items and to complete a full stock take of all food, cleaning and disposables on a weekly basis
- Ensure any accidents, near misses, and customer complaints are reported promptly
- Remain professional at all times
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned and maintained as per cleaning schedules
- Comply with all Health and Safety legislations
- Record any training that is undertaken on all staff’s individual training cards
Responsible for the cleaning standards across the hospital, this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas with responsibilities including:
- High and low Dusting, Mopping, wiping and scrubbing surfaces
- Cleaning of wards, side rooms, toilets, showers and public areas
- Ensure rubbish bins are maintained and removed when full.
- Ensure your assigned areas are kept clean, presentable and safe for Patients by following the required policies and procedures
- Liaise with ward staff on a regular basis and following clear guidelines as requested
- Use and handle machinery in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.