Food and Beverage Manager
Insole Court is a Victorian mansion and gardens, surrounded by beautiful parkland and operated by a registered charity, the Insole Court Trust. After reopening to the public in 2016, Insole Court has quickly established itself as one of Cardiff’s most exciting new visitor destinations, hosting daily events and activities and offering a rich heritage experience.
This amazing opportunity would see you take the role of a full-time Food and Beverage Manager at Insole Court, overseeing the operation of our on-site café, ‘The Potting Shed’ as well as managing hospitality of meetings, conferences and private events.
The successful applicant of this highly sought after role will lead the food and beverage strategy for the charity going forward while managing the café operations including recruitment, rotas and line-management of the café team. You’ll need experience running a successful café, as well as experience of alcohol sales including knowledge of licencing.
We’re looking for a creative, proactive and positive person with a passion for good food and for great visitor experience. Working alongside the Director and the other members of the Senior Management Team, the Food and Beverage Manager will be tasked with growing the charity’s income and helping to establish Insole Court as Cardiff’s premier heritage, cultural and community destination.
Applicants should note that this is a permanent, full-time position where you would be expected to work variable hours including evenings, weekends and also Bank Holidays.
What experience you will need
- Previous café management experience is essential
- Hospitality and events experience
- Heritage or cultural venue experience would be advantageous
- Experience working for charities
What skills you will need
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a commitment to excellent customer service
- Strong communication skills both with staff, customers and key stakeholders
- Positive, 'can-do' attitude as well as a strong work ethic with an eagerness to learn and teach new skills to colleagues
- Business management including financial planning and reporting skills
- The ability to both lead and work as part of a larger team
Salary: £25,000-£35,000 pa. depending on experience
40 hours per week
To apply, send a CV and a covering letter to Insole Court’s Director, Gray Hill by clicking "Apply"
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 5PM ON FRIDAY 26TH JULY