Catering and Domestic Supervisor
We are seeking a Catering & Domestic Supervisor who are motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication and team working skills to join our Team.
The successful candidate will assist with the smooth running of the catering and cleaning operation, co-ordinate, train and work with the catering and domestic team to provide a high quality service to exceed expectations of our clients.
This role is ideal for an individual with a caring nature and outgoing personality. This is a full time role with flexible hours on a weekly rota basis.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Catering & Domestic Supervisor to join our Domestics and Catering Team at Summer Court in Hythe, Kent. Ideal candidates should be team players, flexible, preferably have some catering and cleaning operation skill.
Please note this is a 37.50 hour week contract and you will be required to work 5 out of 7 days per week, including alternative weekends and bank holidays.
To supervise the performance of the Catering Team and support the Management Team in ensuring all Catering duties are completed to appropriate standards in line with Health & Safety regulations and contractual requirements.
Main responsibilities include:
- Maintain the high standards of the Catering department by motivating and leading the frontline team.
- Assist colleagues in their duties.
- Manage customer and client queries.
- Promote good safety habits and methods of work.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in line with Medirest standards.
- Ensure the delivery of high standards of food quality and service.
- Ensure all cleaning schedule KPI’s are signed on completion
- Assist in the control of all stock items and to complete a full stock take of all food, cleaning and disposables on a weekly basis.
- Ensure any accidents, near misses, and customer complaints are reported promptly.
- Remain professional at all times.
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned and maintained as per cleaning schedules.
- Comply with all Health and Safety legislations.
- Record any training that is undertaken on all staff’s individual training cards.
- Competent to work within or lead, manage and develop the team.
- Acts in line with guidelines and procedures, to ensure the team operates to it’s maximum potential.
- Always strives to deliver above and beyond the expectations set by management, customer and client.
- Has a proven desire for the delivery of the highest quality of service.
- Has the drive to ensure that all results are attained in the most professional and honest manner.
- Experience necessary in a similar environment.
- High standards and quality driven.
- IT skills.
This position is subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including a Disclosure & Baring Service check (no cost to the applicant).
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.