Conference and Events Duty Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Conference and Events Duty Manager to work alongside, support and develop the C&E business at one of our prestigious venues in Leicester.
As the Conference and Events Duty Manager you will working closely with Hospitality Manager, Head of Operations and Head Chef. You will also be liaising with potential clients as well as our existing C&E clients. You will managing and supervising events to ensure all client requirements are met and making sure all events at the venue run smoothly.
- Up to £19000 depending on experience
- Working 5 out of 7 days
- Working onsite at a prestigious venue in Leicester
- Ensuring all conferences are fully set and that adequate staff are on site before guests arrive.
- You will be responsible for day to day conference and events business liaising with the on the day client to ensure the operation is delivered to the highest standards and leading the variable team to ensure all aspects of the event preparation and catering delivery are met.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the internal teams to ensure the smooth running of the C&E department. Building relationships with external suppliers.
- To liaise with the events operations team to ensure all events are planned for and delivered to the highest standard.
- To exceed customer and client expectations by demonstrating a positive and flexible attitude to requests, especially under pressure.
- Maintaining the Health and Safety standards for the safe handling of food, and the correct use and storage of equipment/ facilities.
You will be experienced in a demanding conference, banqueting and events environment
• Experience in leading a team
• Experience in contract catering
• Self- motivation, initiative and high energy
• Flexible working hours
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Willingness to take responsibility and be held accountable
About the company
Levy UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Wimbledon and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.