Stores Assistant - Peterborough City Hospital
We are currently recruiting for a Stores Assistant to work within our busy Domestic department at Peterborough City Hospital.
Within this role you will effectively carrying out a range of store duties in accordance with the relevant service agreement whilst carrying out line manager requests.
The core hours of work will be Monday - Friday Monday to Friday 07:00am-15:00pm, 37.5 hours per week.
Previous experience in a stores environment or a similar role is essential.
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.
The successful store person will indulge in the following duties:
- Oversee and be responsible for all deliveries
- Responsible for ordering of consumable and cleaning equipment
- Liaising with suppliers in case of shortages
- Conduct weekly stock-takes
- Input figures into the stock portal
- To take receipt of all deliveries, check and place in store room
- carry out Adhoc store deliveries when required
Please note: This role may involve domestic duties also.
- Previous experience in a stores environment or a similar role is essential
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Flexible and dynamic approach to all tasks.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.