Relief Chef Manager
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Relief Chef Manager to join our Healthcare Team, supporting our group of Care Homes and Private Hospitals.
You will be required to:
- Manage various units covering sickness, annual leave and the mobilisation of new contracts
- Responsible for all aspects of the management and the administration of the catering operation
- You will also have hands on involvement in food preparation and presentation, delivering outstanding food and service at all times
- Be comfortable and familiar with a care environment, willing to involve yourself with the culture of the home/hospital showing a level of engagement with patients, staff and visitors
- Provide hands on training to frontline teams
- Full responsibility of the stock ordering, weekly completion of the in-house stock management administration system, weekly team rotas and menu planning
- Complete audits
- Follow all processes and procedures, whilst being adaptable to different environments
- This role includes daily travelling within a 50 mile radius of your home address, with fuel costs reimbursed monthly in line with the company expenses policy
- Ideally, you will have NVQ Level 1/2 in food preparation or equivalent
- Management experience within the catering and hospitality industry, ideally within a healthcare environment
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- A 'Can-do' attitude
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills are a MUST
- Attention to detail
- Training skills would be a distinct advantage
- Computer literate
- Must have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle as this role will require you to travel to various sites
About the company
Eurest prides itself on creating contemporary foodservice solutions from the tea-room to the boardroom - and everything in between - for business and workplace industry clients.
We bring exceptional culinary creativity and flair, style and hospitality to employee restaurants, cafés and executive dining rooms.