Head of Hospitality - University of Oxford
We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider.
We’re 60,000 talented people bringing you all of the great tasting food, memorable experiences and vital support services that can transform every day into a great day.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head of Hospitality to join our team one of our prestigious education contract - The University of Oxford.
This will be catering for various different events and functions and would be perfect for someone with plenty of outdoor catering experience!
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To manage a highly trained team to deliver a profitable and effective Hospitality environment, to deliver great service in line within all Company policies, procedures and guidelines. To manage a commercial business proposition that exceeds client, customer and Compass objectives in order to drive net growth and improve customer retention. You will be responsible for establishing 2 workstreams:
- ‘Occasions’ which is delivered hospitality across all University buildings – up to 180
- ‘Only at Oxford’ which encompasses the fine dining and high profile events.
- Ability to deliver excellence
- You will be a dynamic operator with experience of complex team management, multi-site operations coupled with a background of high end food and beverage operations
- You will have a proven track record in managing complex relationships across hierarchies, skilled at the development and end execution of service strategy and have a solution led approach to service improvement
About the company
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.