People Operations Co-ordinator
A unique opportunity to be part of the People Operations team working for the Wimbledon Tennis Championships!
Are you a passionate people person or previous recruiter with experience in delivery across major events? If so this is a perfect opportunity for you.
Levy UK business has a brilliant opportunity for a People Operations Coordinator to join them at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships to assist in delivery across this renowned high profile event!
Levy UK is the name behind legendary experiences and powerful partnerships with the UK’s most iconic and unique venues and we are proud to be working with Wimbledon.
- Salary Upto £25,000 per annum
- Working mainly Monday-Friday but will include weekends
- Free parking on site
- Meals on duty
- Various High Street retailer discounts
As our People Operations Co-ordinatior your role will be diverse, you will support with a range of recruitment & staffing requirements for the Wimbledon Tennis Championships. There is a strong emphasis on accreditation within this role so experience and an understanding of the accreditation cycle is a must. You will drive the highest calibre of directly resourced casual staff and liaise with all operational parties to ensure that the correct volume of staff are booked for work. You will have the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Supporting the People Operations Manager to recruit and lead staff for the event
- Ensuring all recruitment and training processes are followed, and that HR processes are controlled (including maintaining Personnel Files & Right to Work Compliance)
- Weekly payroll and expenses processing, including payrolls for the event
- Managing the weekly payroll costs to achieve financial targets, ensuring that payroll is processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Planning/arranging staff allocations for both match days and conference and events functions - liaising frequently with the General Manager and operations team to review costs and budgets
- Monitoring staff retention and ways to increase this
- Work with the People Operations Manager to control staff check in/out, and monitor all elements of staffing operations during event days (this will include weekends and late nights depending on the events calendar)
- Liaising with external agencies to cover direct staff gaps, and to ensure correct charging processes
- Controlling travel and accommodation spend
- Ensuring excellent staff welfare at all times
To be right for us, you will either be a recruiter/staffing or events assistant or possess a keen interest in developing your career within event staffing, recruitment and HR. The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and knowledge:
- Strong organisational & administrative skills
- Previous experience in a similar role is ideal ( Events)
- Previous experience in Accreditation
- Ability to lead others and delegate effectively
- Strong people management skills
- Diplomacy, discretion and impartiality of judgment
- Computer literacy
- Payroll Management and/or Budgeting experience - not essential
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible to change and able to react very quickly to the change
- Ability to think on the spot
- Excellent communicating and people skills
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.