Are you an ambitious and experienced finance professional looking to take the next step in your finance career? If so, we are currently looking for a forward thinking Finance Manager to join us and support the Financial Planning and reporting functions of Compass UK &I based at our Birmingham, Parklands site.
This new role will support the central UK Compass finance team that monitor the Infosys services and provide support to certain retained activities. The monitoring function will be achieved through reviewing service, reviewing customer satisfaction and helping prioritise and guide Infosys in their transformation of tools and processes.
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
- Competitive salary plus additional benefits
Reporting directly into the Finance Director you will manage and implement strategic processes across key areas of the business identified. This is a key role in supporting recent business transformation.
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Support both the Financial Reporting Director and FP&A Manager with daily activities.
- Assist with the monthly reporting process ensuring accurate, insightful and timely reporting. prepared by Infosys.
- Assist in developing better reporting tools to support UK reporting submissions
- Run weekly FAQs session to communicate knowledge sharing and best practice across the business
- Provide support for guidance on accounting policy interpretation as required
- Manage timeliness and accuracy of balance sheet and cashflow information prepared by Infosys, both monthly actuals and formal Reforecasting and Budgeting processes, including understanding of the position and determining action plans to improve.
- Assist with the governance of financial risks and control, helping ensure UK&I complies with Group accounting policies, Group approvals manual and Key financial controls.
- Build strong relationships with Infosys and the outsourced finance team (based in Parklands building).
- Monitor contractual service levels. Suggest changes in service levels in light of quality and timeliness of reporting, levels of Customer satisfaction, and changes in business risks and controls.
- Help identify and resolve any difficulties Compass teams are having with Infosys Financial accounting and transactional processing teams.
- Build strong relationships with Commercial finance teams
- Key point of contact for external audit to ensure that the audit is completed efficiently
- Help ensure Infosys prepare financial statements for UK and Ireland companies in line with agreed timetable
To be right for us, you will qualified ACA/ACCA and have at least 2-3 years industry experience.
You will also have experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge and experience of Accountancy standards and practice.
- Experience in audit.
- Proven ability of helping identify and fix problems.
- Happy to adapt to change.
- Can deal with complexity.
- Comfortable delivering through influence not control – the role currently has no direct reports.
- Highly motivated, energetic and ambitious to progress
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information, and happy making decisions based on best information available.
- Experience of SAP, Cognos, and HFM would be an advantage.
- Experience of implementation of tool implementation (eg Blackline) would be advantageous
- Capability to communicate oral and written information logically, adapting style for the audience, including senior management.
About the company
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio