Day time only with very occasional evening work for event
This well-established prestige garden centre situated in a beautiful 80-acre Estate is seeking a quality driven inspirational Sous Chef who will make a major contribution to the growth of the business over the next few years. The 70 cover Café, serves a contemporary breakfast menu, light lunches, snacks, daily specials, Afternoon Tea, coffees and home-made cakes with as much as possible sourced locally. The Estate also hosts, and caters for a program of events throughout the year.
We are seeking an experienced, friendly and professional team member to contribute in all aspects of delivering excellent quality and service to our customers.
Responsibilities & Duties
Suitable candidates must have track record in Professional Cookery, a cool head, and be able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- To assist in the preparation, cooking and presentation of short order food to the highest standards in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment.
- To assist the Head Chef in the development of new dishes and menus.
- To prepare and cook sufficient food to provide the agreed amount of customer choice with minimum wastage.
- To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures.
- To ensure food is prepared to required standards checking for taste, presentation and quality.
- To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy.
- To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods, avoid wastage and keep down costs.
- To assist in completion of the weekly Kitchen Diary.
- To ensure the kitchen and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service.
- To deal with customer/staff requests promptly and politely.
- Listen to customer/staff comments and deal with them as appropriate or pass on to a more senior member of staff to ensure prompt follow up action is taken.
- To ensure you know all about the food being prepared.
The Café is open 7 days per week.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week), primarily day shifts and working alongside (and covering for) the Head Chef.
Occasional evenings required for special events.
The Café is located in a rural setting, so own transportation is essential.
If you are interested in applying for the above role, please email your CV and covering letter by clicking "Apply Now"