switchboard Operator - North Middlsex hospital - Part Time
Looking for a new opportunity as a Switchboard Operator? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have a jaw dropping and exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled ward Switchboard Operator to join our team.
- Dealing with internal and external enquiries, all the emergencies within The Trust and contacting personnel when requested by means of the bleep or paging systems.
- Keeping daily diary of on call personnel amending the information when changes occur. Changing rota’s, keeping records of annual leave of Consultants, Doctors and Key Personal. Holding list of Interpreters.
- Record times and dates of all untoward incidents requiring Switchboard involvement including :- priorities, traumas, major incidents & fire alarms. Also record date/times of any system failures.
- Order and record details of any taxi/courier services requested.
- As the switchboard is generally the first contact with the Hospital, operators are required to be polite, efficient and knowledgeable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organiser
- Computer Literate
About the company
Healthcare Retail, part of Medirest, is passionate about delivering excellent products, standards and customer service to patients, staff and visitors in over 50 NHS hospitals around the UK through convenience and catering retail formats. The portfolio comprises many high street brand franchises including Costa Coffee and M&S Simply Food as well as a selection of in-house brands.