Looking for a new opportunity as a Unit manager? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Unit Manager to ensure the highest standards of service at all times.
The successful Unit Manager will undertake the following duties:
- Accountable for the cleanliness of the kitchen and surrounding working areas ensuring Health and Safety hazards, issues, near misses and accidents are reported using the appropriate reporting procedures at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is in safe working order; all faults/repairs are reported using the appropriate reporting procedures at the earliest opportunity
- Manage the delivery of the food service provision across unit utilising all available resources effectively and efficiently ensuring that all meals are provided to the required quality standards at the specified times to create a consistent customer experience and avoid any service failures or penalties
- Manage all labour costs effectively and within the designated budget
- Conduct regular team meetings and provide essential business information/updates
- Proactively develop and continually improve all client relationships
- Complete all weekly finance paperwork accurately, forecast events, costings and supply to the Line Manager in a timely manner
- Process orders via nominated systems using the correct approved Compass vendors
- Check invoices and delivery notes and report any anomalies following company policy and guidelines
- Produce rosters for the team and issue accordingly to ensure the operation is supplied with the correct labour to deliver contractual obligations
- Accountable for ensuring the correct storage of commodities and relevant procedures are in place and adhered to
- Manage the hot plate procedures including Food Presentation, Food Information Regulations and Reference Intake labelling
- Ensure the recovery and storage of food and correct labelling procedures are followed
- Comply, review and promote menu cycles on a regular basis whilst liaising with the Food Operations Team`
- Manage all stocktaking procedures ensuring minimal risk of waste
- Communicate effectively all relevant policies and procedures and ensure that notice boards are kept up to date at all times
- Manage the recruitment, training and development of the team ensuring there is a training and succession plan in place
- Manage the team in line with company policies & procedures including formal HR management processes e.g. absence, disciplinary & grievance, performance etc
- Responsible for the food production planning ensuring all waste control procedures are adhered to following the Food Production Process (FPP) guidelines
- Attend on and off site meetings as directed by your line manager
- Attend Craft Forums/Partnering Group, share knowledge and provide constructive feedback to the Food Operations Team
- Approve all function/hospitality menu costs in accordance with the correct pricing structure and communicate effectively to your line Manager/Client
- Oversee the management of the craft delivery and mentoring of Apprentices/Trainee Chefs on formal development programmes.
- A good communicator, able to liaise confidently with customers and engage, motivate and develop team members
- Knowledge and experience of supervising or managing people
- Proven track record of delivering against financial budgets and performance targets
- An enthusiastic individual with a passion for food and excellent service delivery
- IT literate
- City and Guilds 706/1,2,3 or NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Intermediate Food Hygiene/level 3
- Experience in a Head Chef role or similar
If our Unit Manager position is right for you and you match our criteria of skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
About the company
ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including: hotel, cleaning, waste management, security, event support and reception services
We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider.