Are you a chef looking for a quality work life balance? Looking to create great food whilst joining a successful FTSE 100 organisation, who are recognized as market leaders within their sectors?
We are looking for a talented and passionate Chef to come on board and join the team at in King's College Hospital, SE5.
- Great training opportunities
- Experience of working on large events and competitions.
- Excellent benefits
- Career progression opportunities
As a talented Chef you will:
- To prepare, cook and assemble menus aligned to client environment and centrally driven menus and promotions where appropriate.
- To Follow set portion control and ensure all food is purchased in the first instance from our preferred list of suppliers wherever possible.
- To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations.
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest standards and specification.
- Maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary, reporting all issues to your line manager.
- To serve on the food counters in the client’s premises following all customer service standards.
- To ensure that all staff know about the food being prepared and cooked so they can advise customers.
- Ensure the quality and presentation of hospitality catering is the highest standard.
- Responsible for monitoring and recording, day to day production schedule of each menu item.
- To comply with all Health and safety legislation.
- Experience in a similar environment.
- Passionate about food and customer service.
- Competent to work within or lead, manage and develop the team.
- Always strive to deliver above and beyond the expectation set by management, customer and client.
- Has the drive to ensure that all results are attained in the most professional and honest manner.
- Food Hygiene Certificate is essential.
- NVQ 2 level and above is essential.
About the company
About The Company
The Compass Group family (UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider) – market leaders in the provision of catering, retail, leisure and support services in the Defence & Offshore sector. This allows us to work in some of the most historic and iconic locations across the British Isles