Day time only with very occasional evening work for event
This well-established prestige garden centre situated in a beautiful 80-acre Estate is seeking a quality driven inspirational Commis Chef. The 70 cover Café, serves a contemporary breakfast menu, light lunches, snacks, daily specials, Afternoon Tea, coffees and home-made cakes with as much as possible sourced locally. The Estate also hosts, and caters for a program of events throughout the year.
We are seeking an experienced, friendly and professional team member to contribute in all aspects of delivering excellent quality and service to our customers. You must (absolutely) be a foodie with experience of dealing with short order food in what at times can be a high volume environment. You must also have excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities & Duties
Suitable candidates will ideally have a track record in Professional Cookery, a cool head, and be able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- To assist in the preparation, cooking and presentation of short order food to the highest standards in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment.
- To prepare and cook sufficient food to provide the agreed amount of customer choice with minimum wastage.
- To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures at all times.
- To ensure food is prepared to required standards checking for taste, presentation and quality.
- To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy.
- To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods, avoid wastage and keep down costs.
- To ensure the kitchen and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service.
- To ensure you know all about the food being prepared.
The Café is open 7 days per week.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) daytime role with occasional evenings required for special events.
The Café is located in a rural setting, so own transportation is essential.
If you are interested in applying for the above role, please email your CV and covering letter by clicking "Apply Now"