Executive Chef - Canary Wharf
Executive Head Chef – Canary Wharf
Up to £55,000
Monday - Friday
Founded in New York 59 years ago, Restaurant Associates brings high quality employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK’s leading workplaces. We believe in the power of food and drink to bring people together, whether in a restaurant or speciality café, to inspire them to do great things at work.
Our food is crafted onsite by passionate people using the best ingredients and we know that a balanced, plant focused, natural, fresh and sustainable menu will increase the productivity of our customers and keep them motivated and happy whilst at work.
We provide amazing food, create inviting spaces, and develop engaging environments that inspire, motivate and unite our customers.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Executive Head Chef to lead our dedicated catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this highly prestigious unit.
As the Executive Head Chef you will be an ambassador for Restaurant Associates for all things food related, striving to innovate the food offer and keeping abreast of current food trends and remaining competitive with any High Street food offer in terms of food quality, presentation and style.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational and enthusiastic Executive Chef to make a name for themselves within the contract catering industry.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary
- The Executive Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production covering all employee dining along with an extensive range of pop ups.
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality and innovation
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH
- The Executive Chef will be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets
- Proven experience in a role as Executive Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality’ .Great people skills and be able to lead, develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm and recognising that customer engagement is key.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
About the company
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio