Conference and Events Operations Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Conference and Events Operations Manager to oversee the vast array of events onsite at one of our prestigious accounts based in Beaulieu. Events range from a dinner for 8 people through to weddings and large events for up to 3000.
- Up to £26,000 per annum depending on experience
- 5 out of 7 days (40 hours per week) in line with business needs
- Opportunity to grow and develop within the Compass Group
The Conference and Events Operations Manager is expected to be very hands on and have strong managerial skills when managing a core team as well as casual staff. Ensuring you get the best out of each individual and each function runs smoothly at all times.
- Ensure that all hospitality services are delivered to the highest standards
- Managing a large team of casual at busy times
- Will be very hands on and assist the team
- Overseeing the function rooms and temporary spaces
- Ensure that all customer requirements are delivered in line with Client and Compass’ expectation
- Staff development including training and motivating staff
- Manage the labour budget
- Operational delivery of all C&E functions
- Product development of C&E. Service levels, operating practices, food and beverage development.
- Develop the product to the next level.
- Responsible to deliver to cost and profitability
- Must have an excellent knowledge and experience of working within the events and hospitality department
- You will have 2-5 years running C&E operations as either a HOD or deputy in large operation.
- Proving track record of running large scale conferences
- Proven track record of running weddings / wedding receptions
- Demonstrable Teamwork and leadership skills
- Have managed large teams and large functions
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Proven experience in managing successful teams
- Excellent organisational skills
- Very flexible in regards to working hours
- Experience of leading and managing teams to deliver results
- Able to work in a pressurised environment and be able to multi- task
- Experience working with clients
- Understanding of P&L accounts
- Knowledge of transformational leadership techniques
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere, and legendary service.