We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Catering Assistant to assist in providing a quality food and beverage service for all Patients and staff within the company guidelines and adhering to hygiene, health and safety regulations.
To carry out cleaning duties including cleaning of all kitchen area and equipment, as well storing deliveries in accordance with the manager’s instructions, and in compliance with the Compass Group hygiene, health & safety procedures
- £9.02 per hour. 36 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful Catering Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensure all areas are fully stocked and all items are up to date.
- Prepare food items as per the daily requirements and as allocated ensuring that the agreed standards of presentation are adhered to always.
- Prepare salads food pots sandwiches and any ad hock items as needed.
- When required check deliveries and put them away as necessary.
- Check food delivery temperatures and record- evidence of safe receipt, checking and storage of deliveries to company standards.
- Make and prepare soup porridge and custard if required.
- Correctly using work equipment, personal protective equipment in accordance with training and instructions provided.
- To carry out all cleaning duties allocated to you in accordance with the unit cleaning schedules and standards of performance manual, as directed by the manager and supervisor.
- To make sure all plate wash duties are completed. Service area kept clean and tidy at the end of service.
- To ensure all service equipment is cleaned to an exceptional high standard, in accordance with the standards of performance manual.
- To operate all equipment in accordance with the instructions received, ensuring safe working practices, and reporting any faults/hazards immediately to your manager.
If our Catering Assistant position is right for you and you match our criteria of highly honed skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
About the company
Healthcare Retail, part of Medirest, is passionate about delivering excellent products, standards and customer service to patients, staff and visitors in over 50 NHS hospitals around the UK through convenience and catering retail formats. The portfolio comprises many high street brand franchises including Costa Coffee and M&S Simply Food as well as a selection of in-house brands.