Deputy Events Manager
Are you a self-motivated, result driven individual?
Do you excel in customer service?
Are you passionate about the Hospitality Industry?
Are you looking for your next Challenge?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
About Stockport Events
Stockport Events was established in 2017 and manage a portfolio of impressive Venues across Stockport. We deliver hospitality at Events such as Weddings, Conferences, Private Functions, Christmas Party Nights and corporate dining. The business is growing and 2019/2020 is set to be our busiest year yet with a wide range of exciting, high profile events.
We are looking for a self-motivated, results driven individual who excels in customer service. You will be a personal licence holder and have significant demonstrable experience of the Operational Management of a wide range of Events within the Hospitality Industry.
Based at Stockport Town Hall but working at a variety of Venues including Bramall Hall, Chadkirk Chapel and Fred Perry House you will work as part of a growing team and provide effective supervision and management of the operational team and a variety of suppliers to ensure successful event delivery and front of house operations.
Working as part of the Stockport Events team you will be involved in the following:
- Managing all aspects of successful event planning, delivery and evaluation including management of Operations team and Hospitality Supervisor, contractors and visitors and client accounts.
- Evaluation and analysis of profit margins and revenue management.
- Management of the team rota.
- Working with the Register Office Deputy Manager to ensure the team are upselling hospitality across the portfolio of Venues.
- Coordinating large scale and high profile events
- Chairing weekly function sheet meetings with relevant departments to ensure the successful delivery of all events.
- Overseeing financial and administrative operations at venues to ensure all activities are carried out efficiently.
- Completing and managing risk assessments for all Venues.
- Comply with team rota to work 5 out of 7 working day week including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Systems and software we are using:
- Reslynx PMS
- EPOS Now
- Pecos / SAP (financial)
- Microsoft Software Suite
- 24 days holiday to start
- Car allowance
- Employee discounts
- Salary Grade S02 £31,371.00
Closing date:10 September 2019
To apply please click "Apply"
Stockport Council - Valuing Diversity