Catering and Domestic Assistant
We are seeking Domestic Assistants for cleaning and Catering who are motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication and team working skills to join our Team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Catering & Domestic Assistant to join our lovely team at King Edward Court, Kent. Ideal candidates should be team players, flexible, preferably have some catering skills and be prepared to clean toilets.
Please note this is a 20 hours week contract and you will be required to work 4 out of 7 days per week, including alternative weekends and bank holidays.
- Undertaking a variety of tasks within the catering facility including; serving hot & cold food, clearing tables, refreshment service, operating the till & cash handling.
- You will be required to work under your own initiative and also as part of a team.
- To prepare food items using very basic cooking skills i.e. baked potatoes with salad garnish and filling, preparing sandwiches, cooking of eggs, bacon, chips.
- Ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment at all times.
- Cleaning of wards, toilets, showers and public areas.
- A smart and tidy appearance is imperative to this role.
Ideally, successful candidates will have previous experience within a similar role or an understanding of the catering industry. A desire to offer the highest standards in customer service is essential.
This position is subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including a Disclosure & Baring Service check (no cost to the applicant).
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.