Dinning Room Supervisor
A great opportunity to join our passionate Patient Dining team as a Supervisor on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting facilitating patients nutrition and hydration needs.
In this position you will need to be available to work 5 days over 7 and be required to supervise a team of 7 waiters/waitresses.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Looking for flexible Catering work? The Compass Group are able recruiting for a Front of House Supervisor to join their Dining Room team based at RMBI Zetland Court in Bournemouth. This role is based on 30 hours per week on a 5 out of 7 day rota including occasional weekends. Shift patterns will be either 7am to 2:00pm or 2:00pm to 7:00pm.
Responsible for the patient feeding across the hospital, this role will involve direct supervision of the Dining Room team and liaising daily with Patients. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the front line patient dining team in the care home
- To have a close working relationship with the staff to ensure a quick response to all queries raised
- To organize, oversee and develop the team and look for new opportunities to improve the quality and standards of the service and constantly look for new opportunities to improve the service
- Carry out return to work interviews for staff that have been absent in line with company policies
- Hold performance reviews with new starters and existing staff
- Undertake and record any training that is completed on all staff’s individual training cards
- To plan, organize and control the dining room service operation to ensure that quality, presentation and service are provided to the standards required
- To review potential cost reductions and service improvements to the standards as required and discuss with the Service Manager
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with staff
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business
- Previous experience not essential, however a passion for progression and willingness to learn is a must
- Be aware that this is a care home environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
- Strong IT skills is desirable
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.