Looking for flexible Catering work? The Compass Group are able to offer a position as a catering assistant within their Healthcare sector.
We have an exciting opportunity for two Catering Assistants to join our great team at BMI The Harbour Hospital in Poole. This role is based on a zero hour contract hour contract to cover morning/afternoon shifts which may include weekends and bank holidays.
Shift patterns will either be:
- 7:00am to 2:30pm
- 10:30am to 6:00pm
- 12:30pm to 8:00pm
- Undertaking a variety of tasks within the catering facility including; serving hot & cold food, clearing tables, refreshment service, operating the till & cash handling
- You will be required to work under your own initiative and also as part of a team
- To prepare food items using very basic cooking skills i.e. baked potatoes with salad garnish and filling, preparing sandwiches, cooking of eggs, bacon, chips.
- Ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment at all times
- A smart and tidy appearance is imperative to this role
Ideally, successful candidates will have previous experience within a similar role or an understanding of the catering industry. A desire to offer the highest standards in customer service is essential. Food safety knowledge would be advantageous but not crucial as training will be provided.
All candidates will be required to undergo a standard DBS check for this role.
About the company
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.