This is a fantastic new opportunity for an Junior Buyer to join an established team working on the Department of Health contract! As a Junior Buyer in the Patient Feeding team you will support the Category Buyer in the development and implementation of market leading and innovative category strategies which will fundamentally drive savings for the National Health Service (NHS).
As a Junior Buyer you will be involved in all elements of the process including tendering and delivery, this opportunity provides fantastic and genuine support and career growth within the procurement and supply chain industry.
- Up to £23,000 per annum, dependant on experience
- Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week, there may be some travel involved and flexible home working
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to 10% off various high street retails including travel
As a Junior Buyer, you will be participating in the following activities:
- Working closely with Suppliers and the Buyer team
- Handle price enquiries
- Draft and proof read contracts
- Track KPI's
- Track a variety of projects
- Liaise with Suppliers both face to face and through other professional means
The ideal applicant will hold the following experience:
- Experience within the food industry
- Have high attention to detail
- Have a driven attitude towards work with the ability to work independently
- Experience presenting/tendering to clients
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data
- Hold experience in the Purchasing sector
About the company
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Proudly part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who are our parent company and largest client, we purchase directly from manufacturers and growers and our suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to regional and local providers. With a team of 200 procurement professionals driving us forward, our combination of unrivalled scale and outstanding data analysis sets us apart in our markets.