Catering Assistant - Northwick Park Hospital
Looking for a new opportunity as a Catering Assistant? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Catering Assistant to pursue the following duties
- Food production
- Front and back of house services
- Any general support required with due regard to all Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations.
- £8.21 per hour. 37.5 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful Catering Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serve customers with hot and cold food
- Serve beverages on a counter during service times
- Ensure all displays, counters and seating areas are presented to the highest standard
- Assist in the preparation of hospitality as required
- Prepare, produce and serve food to our brand standard
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude.
If our Catering Assistant position is right for you and you match our criteria of highly honed skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.