We are looking for an enthusiastic Kitchen Assistant to join our highly motivated and focused team at this nursing contract.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Kitchen Assistant to join our lovely team at Bethshan Nursing Home in Whitehaven.
Ideal candidates will be friendly, hardworking and reliable and flexible in their working approach as this is a 2 out of 7 position working 16 hours weekly.
- Undertaking a variety of tasks within the catering facility including; serving hot & cold food, clearing tables, refreshment service, operating the till & cash handling
- You will be required to work under your own initiative and also as part of a team
- Basic food preparation i.e. salads, sandwiches
- Ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment at all times
- Proven experience as a Kitchen Assistant
- Good people skills
- Passion about food and customer service
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- High standards and be quality driven
- A 'Can do' attitude
Please note all successful candidates will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.