Assistant Finance Manager
- Full Time
Are you an ambitious and experienced finance/accountancy professional looking to take the next step in your finance career? If so, we are currently looking for a forward-thinking Finance Manager to join us at one of our unique venues in based in East Sussex.
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager for the unique Glyndebourne Opera House! A venue steeping in history! As the Finance Manager (known in the business as Location Accountant) you will be based onsite and will report directly into the Finance Director. You will oversee and manage all financial accounting for the unit. You will have a strong finance and client relationship background as you will be working closely with a variety of stakeholders to ensure we are exceeding expectations.
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
- £ Competitive
- Finance Manager onsite at prestigious venue based in East Sussex
- Other benefits
As the Finance Manager you will monitor the day to day financial operations of the site.
You will standardise and enhance the financial reporting of the business and play a key role in the co-ordination and support of the budget and quarterly forecasting process.
This role requires strength of character, exceptional stakeholder management skills and a clear determination and ability to drive through change and improve business performance.
- Support both the Financial Reporting Director with daily activities.
- Assist with the monthly reporting process ensuring accurate, insightful and timely reporting.
- Draw reports and forecasting and deliver to directors of the business.
- Manage journals
- Assist in developing better reporting tools
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across the business and be able to report to the wider business.
- ACA Qualified (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in Management accounting and reporting.
- Ideally from similar venue or leisure background
- High numeric and analytical skills – excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence internal and external parties
- Ability to effectively plan and organise own work
- Ability to take on a broad spectrum of work under pressure and to deliver in agreed timescales
- Positive attitude towards colleagues and a strong leader.
- Seasonal workload management
About the company
At Restaurant Associates our vision is simple - We believe that great food and excellent service has the power to transform business success.
At RA we offer a distinctive experience for our clients because of our Associates’ attention to the smallest detail, our relationships with the most talented consultant chefs and by sharing the very latest trends and ideas and we proudly boast the best chef, service, recipes and suppliers in the industry.
Our pillars are; brand, people, food, service with innovation underpinning everything we do in all areas of our business.
We are passionate about the power of great food and service on business and its ability to inspire, connect and empower people.