We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to work day time shifts plus approximately 2 evenings per week in order to drive our catering offer to the next level. We have invested into creating a brand-new restaurant in the heart of our Coalbrookdale site which is now open!
You will be working alongside our Executive Head Chef and Head Chef to help create bespoke menus, using the best local ingredients. We only source from local companies and where possible and we love to use producers that specialise in one food. We will be baking our own bread, creating our own cakes and bakes along with making our own jams & chutneys. We have created a brand-new bespoke kitchen with induction hobs, pizza oven and first class equipment which awaits you to create new and exciting dishes for our guests.
We are offering a competitive salary, company pension scheme, access to company health insurance and a fair work/life balance. In addition, our staff-pass grants employees access to all 10 of our museums for you and your family along with the opportunity to visit over 200 museums in the country at no charge.
- Leads the Kitchen Team in the Head Chef's absence
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including line cooking, food preparation, dish plating etc
- Oversees and organises kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during busy hours
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimising waste, plus working with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Working with the Head Chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff abilities and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
- Formal culinary training and previous restaurant experience
- Extensive food, beverage and restaurant industry knowledge
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Leadership/Management experience
- Positive attitude, self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with exceptional customer-service skills
Please download an application form from our website; www.ironbridge.org.uk/about-us/job-vacancies or contact Human Resources and post or email your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note it is the Museum’s policy not to accept CV’s.