Linen Assistant - Kings Mill Hospital
- Full Time
A great opportunity to join our passionate Linen Services team on a Temporary basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting. This role is a 9 month contract.
Within this role you will be responsible for providing assistance in the linen services supply and distribution within Sherwood Forest Hospitals. This will involve, repairing, labelling and altering items of hospital linen and uniforms.
The core hours of work will be Monday-Friday, between 9:00am-16:00pm, 30 hours per week.
It is essential that applicants have sewing & Measuring experience, with experience using a ‘Lock Stitch’ sewing machine & to ‘overlock’ also.
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.
- As part of a team, provide a comprehensive sewing service to staff and patients at Sherwood Forest Hospitals.
- To deal with requests for uniforms.
- To keep a comprehensive log of purchased uniforms for cross charging to the divisions.
- As part of a team carry out curtain changes in line with the periodic schedule.
- To follow departmental/Trust policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate and explain working practices to new starters.
- To complete work records in required format to ensure adherence to standards.
- To use equipment following operational guidelines.
- To report any defective materials/uniforms purchased by the Trust to their line manager.
- It is essential that applicants have sewing & Measuring experience, with experience using a ‘Lock Stitch’ sewing machine & to ‘overlock’ also.
- It is essential that applicants have previous experience working within a similar environment
- Good command of the English language and basic numerical skills with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Awareness of high standards and be able to complete documentation on a daily basis.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer.
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.