Food and Beverage Manager
Enmore Park is a member’s golf club located two miles west of Bridgwater in Somerset. We’re open 364 days every year serving food and drink to our members and those visiting the club. Our clubhouse was refurbished in early 2018 and in addition to providing facilities for golfers, we host a wide range of social events, corporate functions and private dinners during a typical year.
We are seeking to recruit a Food & Beverage Manager who will be responsible to the Club Manager and Board of Directors for running our clubhouse operation. In addition to the requirements set out below. The successful candidate will have strong leadership and organisational skills, plus the ability to motivate staff and lead by example.
Furthermore you’ll need to be flexible in relation to working hours, and because of the nature of our business you can expect to work some weekends and evenings. We do not expect employees to work split shifts.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven record in the hospitality industry
- A desire to exceed the expectations of our members and visitors
- A customer-focused approach coupled with a “can do” attitude
- The ability to work under pressure
- Experience in managing a team of employees
- Experience of financial management
- The enthusiasm and ability to communicate and expand Enmore Park’s offering to the surrounding community
- Your own transport
The following would also be considered advantageous:
- Previous experience of a golf club or similar environment
- Qualifications relevant to the role
- Manage the day to day operations of a busy food & beverage operation which will include internal and external events
- Bring a strong, communicative and approachable presence to members and guests
- Strive to maximise sales and profit margins
- Take a leading role in managing and organising social functions and club events
- Assist with recruitment and training of new members of staff
- Ensure that the relevant hygiene regulations are adhered to
- Liaise with the Head Chef and bar staff to ensure that stock levels are maintained
- Weekly reports to the Club Manager on Food & Beverage operations
- Complete staff rotas on a weekly basis, ensuring that the varying needs of a wide range of events and functions are met.
You’ll work approximately 40 hours per week though at peak times there may be a requirement to work longer hours. In return for the above you’ll receive a salary commensurate with your experience plus 28 days paid holiday each year and a staff pension scheme
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"