Catering Supervisor - North Middlesex Hospital - Weekends
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Patient Catering Supervisor to work within our high profile contract at North Middlesex Hospital. You will lead our highly motivated and focused team, who deliver outstanding customer service in facilitating patients nutrition and hydration needs. Our supervisory team oversee around 160 Ward Host/Hostesses in 40 ward kitchens.
The role involves day to day supervisory of patient feeding services, leading the team and computer administration duties. As a supervisor you will play a part in ensuring the staff and facilities are compliant in all aspects of training, H&S and client audit requirements.
You will be responsible for the following duties:
- To satisfy the needs of the patients whilst ensuring the team are achieving the service and product delivery standard.
- To have a close working relationship with the clinical staff to ensure a quick response to all queries raised.
- Being responsible for the front line patient catering team within the hospital.
- To hold staff performance reviews for new and existing staff
- To work alongside the Patient Catering Manager to ensure all team leaders and ward host/hostesses are completing daily and weekly jobs.
In this position you will need to be available to work 5 days over 7 and be available to work during the breakfast, lunch and supper service.
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to motivate and lead others
- Passion for food and achieving 100% customer satisfaction
- Have high standards and quality driven
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Infection control
- Ability to work under pressure individually and as part of a team
- To be aware this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients who are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- Previous experience of high volume patient catering units or housekeeping
About the company
Medirest is part of healthcare part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, working in more than 50 acute hospitals and medical treatment centres. Our aim is to provide the highest quality, best value cleaning, catering, logistics support and retail services to the healthcare sector. Medirest improves patients experience by consistently delivering:
- Clean and safe hospitals
- Best patient dining experience
- Flexible and professional logistic services including 'on demand' portering, helpdesk and support services
- The best choice of retail brands including high street names