Retail and Beverage Manager
5 days left
- Full Time
Newmarket Racecourse offers the exhilarating excitement of world class Flat racing, pulsating music nights, great value family days, award-winning restaurants and exceptional conference & events facilities,
The main role of the Retail and Beverage Manager is to plan and deliver all race day and non-race day liquor support to the highest of quality and efficiency. The main objective is to ensure the smooth planning and delivery of the day to day and race day hospitality function within unit, to our clients and customers whilst managing the business need and performance standards.
- Up to £27,000 based on experience
- 5 out of 7 days - flexibility required during race days
- A fantastic opportunity for you to take ownership of the Retail and Beverage Operation at this fast paced and exciting venue.
As a Retail and Beverage Manager you will oversee the smooth delivery of race day operations at Newmarket Racecourse. Due to the nature of our racing season, you will need to be flexible in your approach to work, as you will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
As Retail and Beverage Manager you will assist in the planning, preparation and running of all fixed and temporary bar outlets. You will be enthusiastic, highly motivated, engaging and have good attention to detail.
The job role will also involve supervising casual staff on race days, with a focus on training, product knowledge and stock control in individual areas.
On a race day the Retail and Beverage Manager must also be confident in building and maintaining client and customer relations whilst leading the team by communicating and motivating individuals effectively towards the achievement of set objectives.
- Previous cellar and beverage management experience, within a large complex with multiple bar/cellar operations
- Positive attitude and friendly approach
- Commercial experience in a fast paced, high volume environment (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be innovative and the ability to offer new ideas
- Experience of working with a client group
- High degree of IT proficiency
- Ability to lead others
- Engaging, enthusiastic, sociable and motivated (essential)
- Able to influence and operate at all stakeholder levels
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.