Food & Beverage Assistant [Private Healthcare]
An exciting opportunity to join our talented Food & Beverage Team has become available at a number of prestigious private hospitals in Central London including The Wellington Hospital (NW8 9LE), The Princess Grace Hospital (W1U 5NY), London Bridge Hospital (SE1 2PR) and The Lister Hospital (SW1W 8RH). Our Food & Beverage services include Patient Dining, Staff Dining, and Hospitality which means our Food & Beverage Assistants interact with Patients, Guests and other hospital colleagues. We are currently recruiting full-time Food & Beverage Assistants to help maintain our high standards of Patient & Guest Satisfaction.
This role is ideal for an individual with a caring nature and outgoing personality. This is a full-time role with flexible hours on a weekly rota basis, usually from either 7am till 3pm (early shift) or 2pm till 10pm (late shift).
The Food & Beverage Team is part of Medirest Signature; the specialist private healthcare arm of Compass Group UK & Ireland Ltd. Medirest Signature draws on the healthcare heritage of Compass Group as well as the world-leading foodservice expertise, in order to deliver 5-star support services to the private healthcare market.
As a Food & Beverage Assistant you will largely be responsible for the Patient Dining services. This service involves direct interaction with Patients, Guests and Clinical Teams. Main duties include;
- Greeting patients and guests, delivering their menus, taking their orders, advising where necessary on allergens and dietary requirements
- Working with the culinary teams to prepare and present Breakfast, Lunch & Supper meals
- Delivering meals directly to patients with an enthusiastic attitude
- Offering and serving hot beverage rounds
- Clearing down of wards and maintain a hygienic catering environment
- Liaise with Clinical Teams to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner
- Offer a great guest service by putting the patient first
- Above all else; customer-service skills! These are a must for this role as it requires direct interaction with patients
- Previous catering and healthcare experience are desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced healthcare environment and a flexible approach to working patterns
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care
About the company
Why join Medirest Signature?
- Attractive core benefits ranging from retail discounts/cheap cinema tickets all the way up to savings on mortgages and utilities, for you and up to 5 additional family members or close friends.
- Guaranteed minimum hours – this is not a ‘0’ hour position
- Team activities available including festive parties and summer BBQs
- Optional Learning & Development and the chance to learn new skills at no cost. Opportunities range from Talent programmes that develop future supervisors and managers, all the way to nationally-recognised apprenticeship qualifications that could unlock the next chapter in your career
- Work-life balance – the majority of our positions are ‘daytime’ meaning no late nights and the majority of our business happens Monday-Friday
- The pride of contributing to the recovery and welfare of our patients