Staff Restaurant Chef de Partie [The Wellington Hospital]
An exciting opportunity to join our talented Culinary Team has become available at the prestigious Wellington Hospital in Central London (NW8 9LE). We are seeking an experienced, passionate & skilled Chef De Partie looking to help us maintain our high standards of Staff Satisfaction. This position manages the Staff Dining restaurant and offers an attractive work-life balance.
The Food & Beverage Team is part of Medirest Signature; the specialist private healthcare arm of Compass Group UK & Ireland Ltd. Medirest Signature draws on the healthcare heritage of Compass Group as well as the world-leading foodservice expertise, in order to deliver 5-star support services to the private healthcare market.
- To frequently taste all dishes & their ingredients independently and to actively engage junior chefs to do the same.
- Preparation of staff meals. Observing, learning, teaching & experimenting with different plating techniques.
- To execute & enforce the maintenance of kitchen work areas: Cleaning schedules/ Stock Rotation/ Deliveries/ Food Safety, Health & Hygiene etc.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated & have experience working within a high-profile facility.
- Have excellent culinary skills with great attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of ingredients, there preparation and usage.
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- The ability to manage and inspire junior members of the bigrade.
- IT literate advantageous.
- Immaculately presented with excellent people skills and the ability to develop and work well within a team.
- To be well organised, and most importantly, keen to improve, climb the ladder, and be confident enough to propose alternative suggestions to plating, cooking and seasoning.
About the company
Why join Medirest Signature?
- Attractive core benefits ranging from retail discounts/cheap cinema tickets all the way up to savings on mortgages and utilities, for you and up to 5 additional family members or close friends.
- Guaranteed minimum hours – this is not a ‘0’ hour position
- Team activities available including festive parties and summer BBQs
- Optional Learning & Development and the chance to learn new skills at no cost. Opportunities range from Talent programmes that develop future supervisors and managers, all the way to nationally recognised apprenticeship qualifications that could unlock the next chapter in your career