Domestic Assistant - Healthcare
The post holder will work as an integral part of the ward teams. He/she will be responsible for the delivery of cleaning services at ward level.
- Prepare and serve beverages to patients. Prepare drinks with thickener to accommodate individual needs. Wash crockery as required. Collect meal trays from patients and return to food trolley.
- Wash water jugs and glasses and replenish with fresh water daily.
- Report any fabric or structural repairs to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Assist the team in ensuring that patients feel comfortable, warm, safe and in a clean environment.
- To respect the dignity and privacy of patients whilst carrying out all duties.
- To maintain complete confidentiality with regard to all patient issues.
- Change shower curtains as required.
- Change patients’ locker bags.
- Clean all floor surfaces using vacuuming, impregnated mopping system, revs, scrubbing machines, steam cleaners, wet mopping, polishing machines, and high-speed cleaning equipment.
- Thoroughly damp dust furniture, fittings, ledges, shelves, bed lamps, bed rails and supports.
- Empty waste sacks and bins, following correct colour coded system and seal all bags using swan neck method and with security tape displaying the ward name.
- Thoroughly clean all sanitary areas to the prescribed manner.
- Clean internal glass partitions, mirrors, picture frames, doors and walls (to hand height only)
- Change curtains as required.
- High and low level dust.
- Replenish toilet, soap, paper towel and toilet roll dispensers.
- Clean TV arms and box.
- Maintain carpet areas throughout the hospital, using carpet shampoo machine.
- Empty female hygiene containers and remove when full.
- Clean cleaners cupboards and replenish stock when required.
- Perform all duties in such a manner as to comply with the Trust and Department’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to undergo appropriate training
- Formal work experience in a cleaning role.
- Experience in using cleaning machinery
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience working as part of a team
- Good personal presentation
- Customer service skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Willingness to undertake further training appropriate to the role.
- NVQ or equivalent
- Effectively prioritises tasks
- Experience in a healthcare environment
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.