Are you an experienced account manager keen to secure a varied role in the midst of our operations? Do you have operational experience and knowledge within the food or hospitality industry? If so, our Foodbuy business have a number of brilliant opportunities within our Account Management team to join us on a mobile basis!
This opportunity offers:
- A competitive basic salary
- Entered into our bonus scheme
- Discounts on a number of retail shops including travel
As our Account Manager, you will play a key role in in building and developing relationships with our Compass clients and ensuring that we have the right products in our business, at the right time and at the right price. You will be responsible for the following areas:
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders to promptly develop an understanding of business needs and align Foodbuy’s goals with the needs of the sector and its consumers
- Support the sector with their sourcing requirements and provide in-depth analysis in order to challenge what they are buying to ensure we are driving optimisation and value
- Work collaboratively with the Category and Sourcing Teams you will develop a structured communication plan to ensure that knowledge and best practice are being shared and followed
To be right for us, you will have previous experience in a client facing role where you will have demonstrated the ability to drive value and build strong and effective relationships. You will have skills, experience and knowledge within the following areas:
- Ability to work cross-functionally with the knowledge and gravitas to influence, engage and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally you will have an understanding of buying and sourcing and an understanding of the food supply chain
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to articulate your findings in a way that will interest the client
- Ability to assimilate information, prioritise and act accordingly
About the company
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Proudly part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who are our parent company and largest client, we purchase directly from manufacturers and growers and our suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to regional and local providers. With a team of 200 procurement professionals driving us forward, our combination of unrivalled scale and outstanding data analysis sets us apart in our markets.
For further information about Foodbuy, please visit www.foodbuy.eu