Elmore Court is an award-winning catered wedding and events venue with accommodation in Gloucestershire. Privately owned by the same family since the 13th Century and recently renovated and opened for events it is run by its current owner and has a strong sustainable ethos born of outdoor festivals, a love of great food, alternative music and good times!
We are now looking for a self-motivated, experienced and results-driven General Manager to direct and manage the activities at Elmore Court.
Duties include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring excellent customer service, improving administration processes, hiring and training staff, identifying business opportunities, monitoring financial activities and ensuring sales and marketing objectives are reached and exceeded.
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will assist us in ensuring our relationship with clients is consistently excellent, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability, meeting all of our objectives including developing new and exciting plans with the owner.
The successful candidate needs to have excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of management in hospitality and catering as well as in event organisation, exceptional budgeting and finance skills and strong leadership qualities.
You will account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain and even enhance Elmore Court’s ethos and image and meet overall growth objectives.
- Overseeing daily operations and our events.
- Developing and implementing growth strategies.
- Hiring and training staff.
- Overseeing and managing all staff.
- Creating and managing budgets.
- Improving revenue.
- Evaluating performance and productivity.
- Analysing accounting and financial data.
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities.
- Generating reports and giving presentations.
- Working with the owner to achieve his objectives.
- Degree or similar in Business Management and/or considerable experience managing and running a successful business.
- Excellent and well referenced experience working at a high level in the same industry; hospitality, catering and events.
- Good knowledge of different business functions.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literate.
- Proactive nature.
- Happy to work weekends.
The opportunity is exciting for the right candidate. We have bold ambitions starting in 2020 to use the land and estate surrounding the house for highly environmentally sound uses where increased biodiversity and food production go hand and in hand and additional hospitality and tourism will happen.
We are a tight and relatively small workforce with a strong team attitude and are looking for the right person who will fit in, lead and be part of our future.
Circa £50,000 plus bonuses should certain targets be met and exceeded.
There is the possibility of accommodation in an estate cottage.
To apply for this role please click "Apply"
Apply for General Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly